Spousal Visa

You can apply for spouse visa on the basis of your marriage with a British Citizen or a person present and settled in the UK. The application will be considered in accordance with requirements of the Immigration Rules as set out in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.

For a spouse visa application to succeed, there are 4 main requirements:

- The evidence of relationship between the sponsor and the applicant;
- The documentary evidence to comply with the financial requirement as set out in Appendix FM;
- The adequate accommodation; and
- English language requirement.


Additionally, the applicant should also meet the suitability criteria as set out in the immigration rules.

Switching into Spouse Visa

A person who is in the UK with leave to remain which was originally granted for period of more than six months and who is married to:

- a British Citizen, or
- a person with ILR, or
- a person with refugee status, or
- as a person with humanitarian protection

you can apply to switch into spouse visa from inside the UK as long as he or she meets all the relevant requirements of the Immigration Rules.

What we can do for you 

If instructed to represent you for your application to switch into spouse visa, the work carried out by our immigration solicitors will include the following:

- Take detailed instructions from you and advising you about the relevant immigration law and procedures to be adopted by the  Home Office, UKBA in your spouse visa application;
- Discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advising you about the weaknesses and strengths of your marriage visa application;
- Advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your spouse visa application;
Consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the spouse visa application and discuss the same with you;
- Complete the relevant application form for spouse visa application and discuss the same with you;
- Prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the marriage visa application. 
- Liaise with the UK Border Agency (Home Office) for an expeditious decision on the spouse visa application;
- Protect your interests while your spouse visa application is pending with the Home Office and keep you informed of the progress on your spouse visa application;
- Follow up work until decision is reached on your marriage visa application;
- Advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your spouse visa application

Our Fee for Spouse Visa Application

- We will charge you a fee from £800.00 for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for switching into spouse visa . The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the spouse visa application and the work involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your spouse visa application, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and the balance can be paid by monthly instalments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by us on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, UKBA fee for the spouse visa application, etc.



  • https://www.facebook.com/cadersolicitors
  • https://www.instagram.com/cadersolicitors/
  • https://www.linkedin.com/company/cader-solicitors/

Chislehurst Business Centre

1 Bromley Lane




Tel: 0208 0900 567

Fax: 01322 316 042