Visitor in Transit Visa UK
You can come to the UK as a visitor in transit if you will arrive in the UK, pass through immigration control and then leave the UK within 48 hours (or 24 hours if you are travelling under the 'travel without visa' concession). This is called transiting landside.
If you will arrive on a flight, remain in the arrival lounge of the airport without passing through immigration control, and then depart on another flight from the same airport, you do not need to come here as a visitor in transit. This is called transiting airside.
To come to the UK as a visitor in transit, you must be able to show that you:
- are in transit to a final destination outside the Common Travel Area (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands);
- intend and are able to proceed at once to another country; and
- are assured of entry there; and
- intend and are able to leave the UK within 48 hours (or 24 hours) .
You may not take any employment while you are in the UK. If you are a visa national, you will need to obtain UK visa before you come to the UK as a visitor in transit.
If you want to transit the UK on your way to another country in the Common Travel Area, then you cannot come to the UK as a visitor in transit.
What we can do for you
If instructed to represent you regarding your application for UK visa as a visitor in transit, we will do the following work for you:
- Take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the British Embassy/High Commission/Consulate in your application for UK Visa as a visitor in transit;
- Discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your entry clearance application as a visitor in transit;
- Advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your application for UK visa as a visitor in transit;
- Consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you and/or your sponsor;
- Complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you and/or your UK sponsor;
- Prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application for UK visa as a visitor in transit;
- Liaise with the British Embassy/High Commission/Consulate for an expeditious decision on your application for visitor in transit visa;
- Protect your interests while your application is pending with the UK Border Agency and keep you informed of the progress on your immigration matter;
- Follow up work until decision is reached on your application for visitor in transit visa;
- Advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your application.
Our Fees for UK Visitor in Transit Visa
We will charge you a fee from £250.00 for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for Visitor In Transit Visa for the UK. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the UKBA on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by us on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.