Renewal of Partner Visa Under 10 Years Route to Settlement
If you are in the UK on 30 months leave to remain as a partner under the 10 years route to settlement and have been unable to switch from 10 years partner route to 5 years partner route, you can apply for renewal of your leave to remain as a partner under 10 years route to settlement using FLR application. The term partner for the purposes of the FLR application means spouse/civil partner/unmarried partner of the applicant.
Your application for extension as a partner under 10 years route to settlement is likely to succeed if there is no adverse change in your circumstances since last grant of leave to remain as a partner under the 10 years route. Generally, the applicant will be expected to demonstrate that the requirements of EX1 in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules are duly satisfied for the application to succeed. The requirement of EX1 can be satisfied either:
- through parental relationship of the applicant with a child who is settled in the UK (has ILR or is British Citizen) or has lived in the UK for at least 7 years continuously; or
- by showing that there are insurmountable obstacles for the applicant and his/her partner to continue family life abroad.
It is easier to meet the EX1 requirement as an applicant having parental relationship with a child than meeting the criteria of insurmountable obstacles for family life to be continued abroad.
What we can do for you
If instructed to represent you for your application as a partner under 10 years route, the work carried out by our immigration solicitors will include the following:
- Take detailed instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKVI in your FLR as a partner under 10 years route;
- Discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your 10 years partner route visa renewal application;
- Advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your FLR application for partner visa renewal under the 10 years route;
- Consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your FLR application and discuss the same with you;
- Complete FLR form for the renewal of your partner visa under 10 years route and discuss the same with you;
- Prepare a cover letter to introduce and support the FLR application for renewal of partner visa under 10 years route;
- Liaise with the Home Office, UKVI for an expeditious decision on your application for visa renewal as a partner under 10 years partner route;
- Protect your interests while your FLR application is pending with the Home Office and keep you informed of the progress on your visa renewal application;
- Follow up work until decision is reached on your FLR (FP) application;
- Advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your application.
Our Fee for Renewal of Partner Visa Under 10 Years Route
We will charge you a fee from £1,200 for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for renewal of partner visa under 10 years route. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the application and the casework involved in the matter.
If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your FLR (FP) application, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and the balance can be paid by monthly instalments.
The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by us on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office, UKVI fee for the FLR (FP) application, etc