Extension of a Stay as a Spouse
If you are already in the UK on spouse visa as a spouse of a person present and settled in the UK, you can apply for renewal of your UK spouse visa by submitting an application to the Home Office, UKBA. Your application for extension of stay as a spouse of person present and settled in the UK will be considered by the Home Office, UKBA in accordance with requirements of the Immigration Rules as set out in Appendix FM of the Immigration rules.
For a spouse visa renewal application to succeed, there are 4 main requirements:
- The evidence of relationship between the sponsor and the applicant;
- The documentary evidence to comply with the financial requirement as set out in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules;
- The adequate accommodation; and
- English language requirement.
Additionally, the applicant should also meet the suitability criteria as set out in the Immigration Rules.
The Home Office changed the Immigration Rules whereby those applicants whose leave to remain as partner is expiring on or after 1 May 2017 will have to satisfy the English language requirement at level A2 of the CEFR at the time of making an application for renewal of their visa.
What we can do for you
If instructed to represent you for your application renewal of spouse visa, the work carried out by our immigration solicitors will include the following:
- Take detailed instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKBA in your spouse visa renewal application;
- Discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advising you about the weaknesses and strengths of your spouse visa renewal application;
- Advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your spouse visa renewal application;
- Consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the spouse visa renewal application and discuss the same with you;
- Complete the relevant application form for spouse visa renewal application and discuss the same with you;
- Prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the spouse visa renewal visa application.
- Liaise with the UK Border Agency (Home Office) for an expeditious decision on the spouse visa renewal;
- Protect your interests while your spouse visa application is pending with the Home Office and keep you informed of the progress on your spouse visa renewal application;
- Follow up work until decision is reached on your visa application;
- Advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your spouse visa renewal application
Our Fee for Renewal of UK Spouse Visa
- We will charge you a fee from £800.00 for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for renewal of spouse visa. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the spouse visa application and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your spouse visa application, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and the balance can be paid by monthly instalments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by us on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, UKBA fee for the spouse visa application, etc.