Visitor for Marriage/Civil Partnership
If you want to come to the UK to get married or register a civil partnership, and you and your partner intend to leave the country within 6 months, you can apply for a visa as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership.
If you want to live in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership ceremony, you cannot come to the UK as a marriage visitor.
The applicant for UK visa as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership must:
-be genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period not exceeding six months.
- hold a valid UK entry clearance for entry in this capacity
- leave the UK at the end of their visit
- maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants without using public funds
- meet the cost of the return or onward journey
- show they intend to give notice of marriage or civil partnership, or marry or form a civil partnership
- produce satisfactory evidence of the arrangements for giving notice of marriage or civil partnership, or for their wedding or civil partnership to take place in the UK.
The applicant must not:
- take employment
- produce goods or provide services within the UK
- intend to undertake a course of study
- be a child under the age of 18
- intend to receive private medical treatment
- be in transit to a country outside the common travel area
- do any of the activities of a business, sports or entertainer visitor.
There is no provision within the Immigration Rules for an extension of stay as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership.
What we can do for you
If instructed to represent you regarding your application for UK Visa as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership, we will do the following work for you:
- Take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the British Embassy/High Commission/Consulate in your application for UK Visa as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership;
- Discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your entry clearance application as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership;
- Advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your application for UK Visit Visa as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership;
- Consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you and/or your sponsor;
- Complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you and/or your UK sponsor;
- Prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application for UK Visit Visa as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership;
- Liaise with the British Embassy/High Commission/Consulate for an expeditious decision on your application for Marriage Visitor Visa;
- Protect your interests while your application is pending with the UK Border Agency and keep you informed of the progress on your immigration matter.
- Follow up work until decision is reached on your application for marriage visitor visa;
- Advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your application.
Our Fee for UK Visa Visitor for Marriage or Civil Partnership
We will charge you a fee from £750.00 for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for entry clearance (visa) for the UK as a Visitor for Marriage or Civil Partnership. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the UKBA on the entry clearance application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by us on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.