Family Visitor Visa UK
Only nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland need to apply for UK Visa as family visitors.
To come to the UK as a family visitor, you must be able to show that you will be visiting the following family members in the UK:
- spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister;
- grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter;
- spouse or civil partner's father, mother, brother or sister;
- son or daughter's spouse or civil partner;
- stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
- a person you have been living with in a genuine and subsisting relationship, like marriage or civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day you apply.
You must also be able to show that:
- you are 18 or over;
- you intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months (or 12 months if you will be accompanying an academic visitor);
- you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- you have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
- you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
- you are not in transit to a country outside the 'Common Travel Area' (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).
Judicial Review against Refusal of Family Visitor Visa Application
As of 25 June 2013, there is no right of appeal against the refusal of an application for entry clearance as a Family Visitor and the refusal can only be challenged by way of Judicial Review in High Court. An application for permission to apply for Judicial Review must be lodged in High Court within 90 days of the date of the refusal of the application.
What we can do for you
If instructed to represent you regarding your application for UK Visa as Family Visitor, we will do the following work for you:
- Take detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the
- British Embassy/High Commission/Consulate in your application for UK Visa as a Family Visitor;
- Discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your entry clearance application as a Family Visitor;
- Advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your application for UK Visit Visa as a Family Visitor;
- Consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you and/or your sponsor;
- Complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you and/or your UK sponsor;
- Prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application for UK Visit Visa as a Family Visitor;
- Liaise with the British Embassy/High Commission/Consulate for an expeditious decision on your application for Family Visitor Visa;
- Protect your interests while your application is pending with the UK Border Agency and keep you informed of the progress on your immigration matter;
- Follow up work until decision is reached on your application for Family Visitor Visa;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your application.
Our Fee for UK Visa as a Family Visitor
We will charge you a fee from £600.00 for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for entry clearance (visa) for the UK as a Family Visitor. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the UKBA on the entry clearance application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by us on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.